Saturday, November 16, 2013

Two more days...

It's Saturday night and I get a text from Erin saying "two more days....".

And, yeah, two more days!!!

I spent Thursday cleaning and doing laundry. Yesterday we ran errands that I needed done before the transfer, and visited with a friend and her new baby. Today I decided to go to a very special VBAC birth...I say "decided", because I'm supposed to be on vacation. But, it's just what I needed this weekend. It was good for my VBAC momma soul. Then Chris and I went on a date tonight. A relaxing evening talking and just enjoying each other. Tomorrow we plan to get the house in order, grocery shop, meal prep.... 

We're just trying to get everything in order for next week. We want to create the most calm and peaceful environment possible for the "embie". We have friends and family lined up for the two days I'm on bed rest. (And I'm really looking forward to laying in bed all of Tuesday, I admit) Chris took off work on Monday night so that he can help with the nuggets. I'm just so lucky to have such supportive family and friends....

My heart races knowing that Monday can be the beginning of a dream realized for a family who has walked a long, hard road. I'm so excited for them. And I'm excited for their future baby. There will never be another baby loved so much. 

Again, please pray for us all. Send positive thoughts. Sticky pregnancy vibes. Light a candle. 

I'll update again. In two more days....


No comments:

Post a Comment